Want to make sure that your online presence is leaving the best impression possible? A few key pointers for keeping your personal website focused and simple will have you standing out from the crowd.
In this Member Makeover, Jon reviews the demo, resume, and job market strategy of Dan Hasty, play-by-play voice for the West Michigan Whitecaps in Lansing, MI.
Careless doesn’t win in the sportscasting job market. Instead, attention to detail and intentional planning are traits that will pay off during your career.
In this Member Makeover, Jon reviews the demo, resume, and job market strategy of Clayton Neville, Play-by-Play Broadcaster at KMOO Radio in Lindale, TX.
The first Group Critique of 2017 packs a punch with plenty of radio and TV critiques. The radio session covers sports talk, football, basketball and baseball play-by-play. For the TV crowd Jon reviews hockey, a sports anchor/reporter reel, soccer and basketball.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why you need to structure your post game show
- How to add clarity when you give the time and score
- What to do if you feel like you need to speak faster in basketball PBP
- An illustration of PBP character development
- Aiming for the bigs? Discover why you need to add pitch type and location to your PBP
- A great example of voice control in hockey PBP
- The facial expression you must use as a sports TV anchor/reporter
As a veteran broadcaster you have years of valuable experience, but what if it’s not the right experience for the job you want?
In this Member Makeover, Jon reviews the demo, resume, and job market strategy of Jim Noble, Radio & TV Broadcaster in Charlotte, NC.
This month’s interview features Joe Hunk, Program Director/Host at Sports Radio 740 in Montgomery, AL. We cover a lot of ground as Hunk shares his radio philosophy and why it doesn’t include hot takes, the checklist he made for a potential spouse, and the two things a Program Director wants.
Do ever wonder why employers with major college PBP jobs don’t seem to take your job applications seriously, despite your level of experience? Some simple changes in strategy will go a long way toward making your value and experience shine.
In this Member Makeover, Jon reviews the demo, resume, and job market strategy of John Ramey, Play-by-Play Broadcaster at UCLA/UC Riverside in Los Angeles, CA.
Fall and football are synonymous in this quarter’s group critique. This all play-by-play critique session features football and a few pinches of basketball to add spice.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- When to include the play clock during football PBP
- A Kevin Harlan-esque example of PBP description
- The PBP components that are like chocolate and peanut butter
- A good example of shifting energy from third to fourth gear
- The element you should never include on a PBP demo
Radio voice of New York City FC, Tom Kolker, on the the two demos aspiring MLS broadcasters need to have ready, homerism in a major market, and his process for finding freelance sportscasting work.